Author Box
Articles Categories
All Categories
Articles Resources

Becoming an Entrepreneur: Book Review

June 22, 2012 | Comments: 0 | Views: 201

Becoming an Entrepreneur

It seems everybody wants to be an entrepreneur these days, huh? Who doesn't think about the opportunity of having the capital to start your web sensation and it get bought out by Facebook.

Only if I had that opportunity right? Everyone wants this story but my guess it's not likely in your future. You might say, why burst my bubble Scott?

People who's end goal is to find an angel investor to help them start their company and get bought out at several times its value are mainly interested in getting rich quick. 99.9% of those people will fail.

Let's put this percentage into perspective.

100% chance that you will die. 99% chance that you will get rich quick. 1% of Americans that claim to be the 99% and desire to Occupy Wall Street by government takeover.

Do you see any similarities here?

Well I do. Most people believe they are more than they are and that someone else can fix a burden that the Lord has given to them and them alone. Let's not point fingers and ask the powers that be for a better lot in life, let's make better decisions with the life we've been given.

Trying to become an entrepreneur might not fall far from this bucket... if that's all you're setting your eyes on.

If you like the idea of sipping pina coladas then I would suggest that you move your focus from becoming an entrepreneur to providing value... cause it's more likely to happen providing value. The cool part about this is that anybody can do this and anywhere. You can even create your own start-up-company. But, a self-proclaimed entrepreneur is not an entrepreneur at all... I might suggest he is instead a stuck up want to be. Titles don't mean anything.

Dave Ramsey's Entreleadership

If you like the idea of becoming an entrepreneur then I suggest that you read "Entreleader" by Dave Ramsey. He gives insight into what he calls... you guessed it, an entreleader. It's his personal story of how he built a business and trained leaders of that business. In this, he wants these leaders to also have an entrepreneurial spirit in a way I would call providing "value". Ramsey suggests he doesn't want the "wild and chaotic" of the entrepreneur or the "refined and calm" of a leader. He wants the "entreleader".

Dave does a great job integrating his personal story with something that we can grasp and gives it to us without the "get rich quick" fluff.

In the book he says, "companies all over America are failing because they have allowed a culture of leaders and teams who don't care about the goal, but just about themselves."

I think everyone needs to learn the steps to become an "entreleader". Check out Dave's book, I highly recommend it.

Visit my blog for more insight from business books and other things I'm passionate about like teaching guitarists in the church and

Source: EzineArticles
Was this Helpful ?

Rate this Article

Article Tags:

Entreleadership Book Review


Entrepreneur Book Review


Web Marketing Pro


Become Entrepreneur

Finding and collecting vintage comic books for fun and profit is something that is interesting, but can be difficult. With so many places to look, narrowing down the options can be painstaking, until

By: Jorge Orduna l Book Reviews > Comics Humor l July 07, 2012 lViews: 285

Action packed story that reads like you are there in person. Lieutenant Commander Andrew Carlson was a U.S. Navy Seal. He was as rough and tough as they come. He was part of a mission to be inserted

By: Cy Hilterman l Book Reviews > Mysteries Thrillers l July 06, 2012 lViews: 278

"Look Me In The Eye, If You Dare!" Okay, all of You "Internet Millionaire Moguls," I want some answers, and I want them now.

By: Travis L Perkins l Book Reviews > Internet Marketing l June 29, 2012 lViews: 309

Crush it is a great "How to" book on using social media and being real with yourself on what you do. Gary is very passionate about what he does. The key to his success is blending who he is with what

By: Joe Mosed l Book Reviews > Internet Marketing l June 29, 2012 lViews: 546

My resolution this year was to knuckle down and do something to bring in some new clients for my practice, so I was pleased to see that Internet Marketing Bible for Accountants looked like it might

By: Karen K Jefferson l Book Reviews > Internet Marketing l June 29, 2012 lViews: 295

When promoting your business online, are you using internet marketing? If you have yet to spread your branches into the online world, you ought to consider doing so.

By: Joyce McNeill Christopher l Book Reviews > Internet Marketing l June 29, 2012 lViews: 281

The basics of economics are supply, demand and scarcity. Economics best describes how to divide these scarce resources up amongst a growing population. Paul Pilzer takes a very different approach to

By: Joe Mosedl Book Reviews > Businessl June 25, 2012 lViews: 229

I love to study success and failure. Learning from others and controlling your associations are probably the two biggest keys to accelerated success. J. Paul Getty was an oil man and understood that

By: Joe Mosedl Book Reviews > Businessl June 25, 2012 lViews: 255

Customer loyalty is the gold standard to any business. Loyal customers have a higher life time value, refer more business and become advocates. They will not shop or leave you on price and they will

By: Joe Mosedl Book Reviews > Businessl June 25, 2012 lViews: 275

Leadership by revolution might sound like a very unstable way to run an organization, agency, or business. Perhaps so, although then there is Steve Jobs, and the way he ran Apple. There are so many

By: Lance Winslowl Book Reviews > Businessl June 24, 2012 lViews: 173

When you think of failure - of your own failure with parenting an independent child - how does your psyche react (depressed orĀ embarrassed; dejected or sad)? Read on to see why you should get

By: Donna Marie Johnsonl Book Reviews > Businessl June 22, 2012 lViews: 166

I purchased Waiting for Your Cat to Bark by Bryan and Jeffrey Eisenberg. This particular read was recommended by a successful business associate, and I really liked the catchy title. I am generally a

By: Crystal J Casavantl Book Reviews > Businessl June 19, 2012 lViews: 174

Discuss this Article

comments powered by Disqus